Monday, March 21, 2011

A Very Lovely Life

It seems crazy that March is almost over already...there is so much that has been going on, not to mention so much coming up in the next few weeks! The first couple of months of the year were not great for me emotionally, but I feel that the clouds have finally parted and my life is full of sunshine. I really do have a very lovely life.

Perhaps this change of attitude is due to steps that I have been taking to like myself more. I have really stepped up my workout routine and started eating well, resulting in weight loss and better self-image. I've been getting more sleep, drinking less, and (the real kicker) quit smoking. Yes, dear readers, I feel that enough time has passed to inform you that it has been a full 22 days since my last cigarette! Feel free to throw me a parade. I was going to wait for the 3 week mark to say anything, but I've really been wanting to write about how much better I have been feeling. And, though I was never more than a social smoker, not smoking really does make me feel so much better.

So, all that just to say that things are looking up. I am making plans for the rest of this year and hope to have good news to share in the next few weeks (anticipation!)

For lack of a better segue, here are some pictures!

IMG_0930
1st pool day of 2011
my first pool day of 2011 :)
IMG_0938
IMG_0932
St. Paddy's Day at BWW
IMG_0893
new tattoo...for turning 25 and for loving my life (sorry, Mom and Dad!)

Deep breath...and now for the plunge. Have a great week, all.

1 comment:

  1. Love your new tattoo. It's very lovely.
    Congrats on quitting!
    Being healthy is hard to do, but so wonderful for you.
    Yay for 2011!

    ReplyDelete