Friday, September 9, 2011

new painting!

Wow, it's been so long since I finished a new painting! I actually finished this one a month or two ago, but I wasn't able to get any good photos of it until Vera came into my life.

mrcicadalovesyou5

Remember this sketch? I liked it so much I put a ring on it made a painting out of it (listed here in the shop). It's hard to tell exact how I feel about cicadas. The shrill chirping brings back such happy, carefree childhood memories...but they also represent the awful, oppressive heat of summer. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that they are just chirping because they love me. :)


mrcicadalovesyou1

I've been feeling pretty uninspired lately (maybe because I have so much on my plate), but I really miss painting regularly and want to try to get back into it. I'm hoping that I'll get a good routine down once I get used to my new tutoring job, and I'll be able to devote more time and energy to painting.

I'm so happy to have a nice, relaxing weekend ahead of me. Happy Friday, lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment