Monday, August 8, 2011

outfit: yellow + gold

DSC03745-editDSC03753-edit
DSC03749-edit
DSC03756-editDSC03748-edit
DSC03758-edit
Date: August 5, 2011 / Occasion: errand running + sitting at home with mister
Details: dress-Strut / Shoes-Steve Madden / necklace-loan from Dad / sunglasses-Urban Outfitters

The cartouche necklace is from my dad's collection; it's supposed to be a good luck charm. I'm actually oddly superstitious about good luck charms, arbitrary items with personal significance. When I was in middle school, I bought a sand-filled fabric frog (you know, the one's you get at Earth Bound right next to the hermit crabs) which I has been my good luck charm ever since. When I started driving, I put him in my car so he could protect me.

Ok, I know a bean-bag frog can't actually protect me from automobile accidents, but it feels nice to put significance in things. As though believing in it is the true protection.

The necklace is pretty at any rate. :)

4 comments:

  1. really cute out fit :) my necklace that i wear everyday is a lucky charm of sorts- the hubs gave it to me forever ago. he saved all his coffee tips for 6 months. so now i can't take it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet! It's all the work that makes it so special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, girl!! That's my new favorite dress to beat the heat. :)

    ReplyDelete