Tuesday, August 23, 2011

nom town: tillman's roadhouse

Special occasions (i.e. birthday, anniversaries, graduations, etc) mean fancy dinners for me and Mr. Johnson. We like to sit around eating fabulous dinners and pretending we are foodies. We are so very bourgeois.

Since Corban turned 26 this month, I was more than happy to take my man to dinner at Tillman's Roadhouse in Oak Cliff. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

DSC03913
DSC03914
DSC03912
DSC03915
DSC03916
DSC03918
DSC03917

amuse = spicy popcorn
cocktail = Blood Orange Margarita
appetizer = Heirloom Tomato Salad (hers) + Fried Pickles (his)
entre = Pan Seared Salmon (hers) + Ribs (his)

Ashley and I went to Tillman's for our birthdays in January, and I've been dying to take my mister ever since. I absolutely love this restaurant. The decor is, in Corban's eloquent words, "middle-brow chic," which I absolutely love. The food is high-brow Southern. Everything was positively delicious, but my favorites were the margarita and the tomato salad.

Not only were the food and atmosphere amazing, but cocktails, appetizers, and entres for two people came up to less than $100. Uhm, yes please. Happy birthday to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment