Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mustachio bashio 2011 vol. 1: cake flag diy

Every year Kenji and Jimmy host a mustache-themed Cinco de Mayo party. The men grow out silly facial hair and the women are made to wear those creepy synthetic stick-on mustaches.

Yes, we are adults.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a total elitist, I would like to add that we were doing this way before mustaches were cool. Just sayin'.

This weekend also happens to coincide with one of the hosts birthdays, so I thought I would make cupcakes for the occasion. Mustache cupcakes. Obviously.

I made cake flags in the shape of cute little mustaches. Bonus, these could also be used as fun party favors or a mustache alternative to those opposed to spirit gum! Here's how:

DSC03338

1. Create your mustache template or download mine here and print (I printed 12 mustaches per sheet, enough for 6 total mustaches)

DSC03349

DSC03396

2. Color and cut out your mustaches (I used good old fashioned Crayola crayons)

DSC03397
DSC03400

3. Use craft glue to glue two mustaches together, back to back, with a toothpick in between

DSC03406

4. Pretend to have a mustache

Simple, yes? I was able to do most of this work while watching Community. Win, win, win.

Next up, Mustachio Bashio 2011 Vol. 2: Drinko de Mayo!

No comments:

Post a Comment