Friday, October 7, 2011

dreaming of pumpkins...

Pumpkin carving is an autumnal activity that I have been looking forward to for months. I think I'm even pretty close to settling on a design.

Return to Oz Jack
source

Nightmare Before Christmas Jack1
source

Nightmare Before Christmas Jack2
source

I'm definitely in love with the classic "Jack" face, a la Return to Oz and The Nightmare Before Christmas. You know...keepin' it classy in the Casa de Johnson. I can't wait to drag Corban to a pumpkin patch this weekend! I haven't carved a pumpkin since I was a very small child, and I'm holding on to that child-like wonder. :)

I'm also relying pretty heavily on googled info to get me through the process. Is anyone else carving pumpkins this year? Any tricks of the trade from my more seasoned pumpkin carvers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment