Monday, April 11, 2011

Austin, TX: Food, Drinks, and Mustaches

This weekend Corban and I took a little trip down to Austin, just to get away (also, to eat...the eating was very important.) We re-visited some favorite spots:


Magnolia Cafe for nommy breakfast items


Perla's for delicious food and drink
IMG_0961


Once Over for coffee and peaceful reading (Corban is reading The Pale King by DFW and I am working on Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer)
IMG_0962
IMG_0670


And had a few new experiences:


Imbibing delicious cocktails at Peche (I highly recommend the "Bees Knees")


Shopping on South Congress where I bought some lovely sunglasses at Prototype Vintage
IMG_0964


Cataloguing all the different types of hipster Austin mustaches
IMG_0672


Then, of course, we came home and immediately went out to watch the Rangers kick some Orioles butt.

IMG_0965

I took my AE-1 on the trip, but I didn't really use it. I prefer portraits to landscapes, and it was only me and Corban, so I didn't exactly have an abundance of subjects.

A lovely break, but now it's back to the grindstone. Today I am observing an ESL class taught by the famous and talented Ken Myers. I'm excited to see friends and hopefully learn something (crossing my fingers that the "something" is not that teaching ESL is way more than I can handle and I should fall on my sword directly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment