Sunday, November 22, 2009

Kenny's Woodfired Grill- The Experience

Friday's date night was had at Kenny's Woodfired Grill in Addison. The meal was really great, and a well-deserved distraction from life in general.

KENNYSWOODFIREDGRILL120605

Here's a run-down of my meal:

Appetizer: Tenderloin Crostini, sliced filet, béarnaise, demi glace
A very nice dish, we both really enjoyed it. My only critique is that the beef was a bit overdone and a little tough. The béarnaise and demi glace were delicious.

Salad: Caesar Salad, shaved reggiano, polenta croutons
The most *meh* component of my meal. The dressing was good, but nothing special, and the croutons were fresh, which was nice, but doughy, which was not.

Entree: Chilean Sea Bass, pan seared, sundried tomato pesto crust, basil butter (side of sauteed spinach)
Yowza, this was a great dish! The fish was cooked to perfection and seasoned well. The basil butter was really more of a cream sauce, and it was fabulous. I was all but licking my plate. The spinach was cooked well, but slightly under seasoned.

Dessert: Crème Brûlée
The best I have ever had. And, I have had many a crème brûlée in my life. I wish there was fruit with it, but that is more of a personal taste. Perfect perfect perfect.

The service overall was very attentive and prompt, though lacking a tad in professionalism. Kenny himself inquired as to our satisfaction. The ambiance was nice, what you would expect from a mid-range steak house- not at all intimate, a little generic, but definitely fun and comfy, a place to go and have a good time with friends.

All said and done, we had a wonderful, satisfying meal at a very reasonable price ($120, including several drinks.)

Corban and I agreed on three and a half stars! We will definitely be returning to Kenny's Woodfired Grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment