Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dancing Through Life



Seriously, guys, you have it pretty easy on Valentines. Stuffed animals, jewelry, flowers, chocolate...it's all spelled out. Too bad there aren't any prescribed VDay gifts for men. Cologne? Tacky underwear? I am personally at a loss.

Mr. Johnson and I discussed it the other day, and we decided that 2011 is going to be just like 2010, only awesome instead of sucky. To further this resolution, I have started taking music lessons at a local collage. I am already in a haze of Italian solos and musical theater power ballads.

Don't wish, don't start

I'm not that girl

Only musical theater can make hopelessness into something beautiful and glamorous (mostly cause you know she gets the guy in the end.)

So far I approve of 2011.

balloons caught in tree
fan

Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl
There's a girl I know
He loves her so

Despite the highly commercialized nature of the holiday, I happen to love Valentine's Day. Who cares if it is a holiday propagated by super chains to sell cheaply made cards and teddy bears? I like cards and teddy bears. Flowers are particularly awesome.

Anyway, I made some new Valentine's gift bags.

yoursmedium1

No comments:

Post a Comment