Monday, November 15, 2010

Glitter in the Air

Why are the last two months of the year so busy? I barely have a free moment from now until New Years. Or, it feels that way, at least. The past week has been no exception, full of some sweet and some bitter sweet moments...

...Saying goodbye to a good friend (bitter sweet.) Matt (we're related!...we'll just call it second cousins) and his lady friend Brit left for Irvine, California late last week. They are two of the most relaxed, accepting people that I have known, and I will miss them very much. I was delighted that I was able to spend one last evening drinking, visiting, and generally shooting the breeze with Matt and the guys. Mister and I are already planning to drop by sunny California for a visit soon.

Goodbye, Matt :(

...Attending a Joshua Radin concert (sweet) at House of Blues with Hope. His voice is even more melt-tasitc in person. We were dangerously close to swooning on several occasions.

Joshua Radin

Redecorating my side of the office (neither sweet, nor bitter sweet, just long over due!) There is definitely still more to do, but everything is now organized and functional (as it should have been a year ago.) I am planning to make some Christmas pompoms, or maybe some bunting in the next couple weeks. :)

New Office

Watching the leaves turn (sweet.) When we moved in a year ago, the trees outside the office were beautiful reds and golds; I have been anxiously waiting to see those colors again. Well, the trees are finally turning! Fall colors make me so happy, and I am thrilled to be able to look out the window and enjoy my own little piece of the season.

Fall leaves

And, last but not least, baking pumpkin flavored desserts (super sweet!) Lovelovelove pumpkin ANYTHING. I spent a good part of the morning making these Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes by Emma of Red Velvet fame. Obviously my icing fell short of expectations, but the cake is so moist and delicious...I am very proud of myself for just having one (even so, I have a sugar rush like whoa!) Persimmon Cookies coming later this week. :)

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes

I look forward to much more sweet and bitter before the year is up. Hopefully there will be much more of the former. For now, I am really looking forward to Thanksgiving next week (an excuse to make another batch of those cupcakes!) and plans are still in the works to get a new piece posted in ye olde shoppe by the end of the week. Ivy is helping me. :) Enjoy the weather, kids, it's sure to turn nasty soon.

IMG_0718

No comments:

Post a Comment