Thursday, November 18, 2010

Beautiful Disaster

Omg, you guys, I was reading through my old blog from 2003 and came upon this lovely "poem" that I wrote:

The grass is always greener on the other side
But their reasons are not mine
It's all too cliché for words
Don't rain on my parade

When you speak, you've opened up a can of worms
And it's a horse of a different color
You never know what not to say
The cat's out of the bag

Dr. Seuse had the right idea
One fish, two fish
Red fish, blue fish
I'm trying to count my many blessings

I've reaped what I've sown
Washed my mouth out with soap
Bitten my tongue
What goes around comes around

Whoa. I was all kinds of awesome in high school. You have no idea. But, seriously, it reminded me how open and ready to create and challenge ourselves we all were. I don't know how or why it happens, but it seems that these walls get built up the older we get, maybe to protect ourselves, or to convince the world that we are "adults" who "have it together." But, all this accomplishes is to stifle our creativity and push us closer away from who we really are. I'd like to get that freeness, that vulnerability back somehow. I'd like to be a kid again.

Good Lord, we were babies

I guess the closest we can ever get is to try to be as open and as true to ourselves as possible. To not let responsibilities and age get us down. After all, I'm still relatively young. I've got time.

Anywho, now for my original intention: to share my newest creation! Just finish this morning. Hot off the press. Fresh out of the oven. Etc. This is Polar Bear's Birthday.

Polar Bear's Birthday

I've been working on the piece forever, never feeling that it was right...until this morning. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and ready to see where this new style is headed. Because honestly, I have no control over it whatsoever.

Well, I gotta go now. I've got a lotta bouncin' to do! Hoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! T-T-F-N: ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment